We recognize that our relationships with current and prospective clients are based on integrity and trust. We work hard to maintain your privacy and are very careful to preserve the private nature of our relationship with you.
This notice is provided by Brothers C.P.A., P.C.
This privacy statement describes how we handle your personal information. Our policies and procedures for collecting and disclosing personal information are detailed below.
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you or your authorized representative on applications or other forms, in interviews, or by other means;
- Information we receive from you on tax preparation worksheets, or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or the other companies that are part of the Brothers C.P.A.; and Information we collect when you visit our Internet website.
- Sharing with third parties outside of Brothers C.P.A.: We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information to third parties outside of Brothers C.P.A. except as required or permitted by applicable law.
Notwithstanding this policy, we may disclose or be required to disclose your confidential information-
- to third-parties with which you have authorized us to disclose this information;
- to governmental agencies (such as federal and state taxing authorities) in representation of your interests;
- to the individuals who conduct our triennial peer reviews;
- to state or federal regulatory authorities which oversee the accounting profession;
- to the disciplinary authorities of the AICPA or state CPA societies; and
- to comply with lawfully issued subpoenas or court orders;
- to a service bureau that assists us in providing data processing or tax preparation services.
Additionally, Brothers C.P.A. has secured agreements with all engaged service bureaus in order to maintain the confidentiality of client information.
If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive client, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice and your information will be treated in the same manner as that information of current clients.
We restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know that information to provide services and products to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the security of your personal information.
If we provide more than one financial service or product to you, you may receive more than one privacy notice from us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but we want to be sure you are aware of our privacy practices.